Binance was founded in 2017 by Changpeng Zhao, and at that time was based in China. However, following cryptocurrency regulation in China, Binance moved its headquarters to the Cayman Islands, which is a British overseas territory.
It's not just the basecamp that's changed. When it was founded, Binance used the Ethereum token ERC-20 blockchain platform. In 2020 Binance launched the Binance Smart Chain.
How to Register a Binance Account
- On the registration page, enter your email address, create a password for your account, and enter the Referral ID (if any). Then, read and agree to the Terms of Service and click [Create Account].
• Your password must be a combination of numbers and letters. It must contain at least 8 characters, one UPPER CASE letter, and one number.
• If you have been referred to register on Binance by a friend, be sure to fill in the Referral ID (optional).
- Security Verification.
- The system will send a verification code to your email. Enter the verification code within 30 minutes. If you can't find the email in your inbox, also check your other email folders, or click [Resend Email] to resend.
5. Congratulations, you have successfully registered on Binance.
6. To increase the security of your account, click [Go to Dashboard] to enable two-factor authentication (2FA), including phone verification and Google verification.
How to Verify Account on Binance
You can access Identity Verification from [User Center] - [Identification] or access it directly from here. You can check your current verification level on the page, which determines the trading limits of your Binance account. To increase your limit, please complete the respective Identity Verification level.
1. Log in to your Binance account and click [User Center] - [Identify].
For new users, you can directly click [Get verified] on the homepage.
2. Here you can view [Verified], [Plus Verified], and [Company Verification] and their respective deposit and withdrawal limits. The limit varies for different countries. You can change your country by clicking the button next to [Country/Region of Residence].
3. After that, click [Start Now] to verify your account.
4. Select your country of residence. Please ensure that your country of residence is consistent with your ID document.
You will then see a list of verification requirements for your specific country/region. Click [Continue].
5. Enter your personal information and click [Continue].
Please ensure that all the information entered matches your ID document. You won't be able to change it once it's confirmed.
6. Next, you need to upload a picture of your ID document. Please select the type of ID and the country where your document was issued. Most users can choose to verify with a passport, ID card or driver's license. Please refer to the respective options offered for your country.
7. Follow the instructions to upload a photo of your document. Your photo must clearly show the complete ID document.
For example, if you use an ID card, you must take a photo of the front and back of your ID card.
8. After uploading a photo of the document, the system will ask for a selfie. Click [Upload File] to upload an existing photo from your computer.
9. After that, the system will ask you to complete the face verification. Click [Continue] to complete face verification on your computer. Don't wear hats, glasses, or use filters, and make sure there's enough light.
Alternatively, you can move your mouse to the QR code on the bottom right to complete the verification on the Binance App. Scan the QR code through your App to complete the face verification process.
10. After the process is complete, please wait patiently. Binance will review your data in a timely manner. Once your application is verified, we will send you an email notification.
Please enter your basic information and complete photo verification within 15 minutes. Do not refresh your browser during the process.
You can try to complete the Identity Verification process up to 10 times per day. If your application was rejected 10 times in 24 hours, please wait 24 hours to try again.